14 replies to this topic

#1 Matt@HBM

Matt@HBM

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 08 July 2015 - 08:16 AM

Ok, i know this has been covered before but i can't find the thread or remember the outcome, so wonder if someone can refresh my memory.

Just installed Touchpoint on two of customers existing machines, Posiflex XT-3k series WITH lcd rear displays. Simple network with just the tills and a pc connected to tinterweb.

Everything runs ok but as the day goes on they go on a massive go slow, 5-10 seconds for a key press, its painful. A restart of the tills solves this for a few hours then back to the same thing. I'm sure there were some reg edits to be done or some explanation but can't remember, 

Cheers

hbmforum_zpsqoghzvo0.jpg

HBM EPOS Ltd | W: hbmepos.co.uk

T: 01442 600700 | sales@hbmepos.co.uk

----------------

EPOS for Hospitality & Retail

Covering London, Beds, Bucks & Herts, Essex, Oxfordshire, Berkshire, Northamptonshire & Cambridgeshire

#2 rob0411

rob0411

Super Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,402 posts

Posready/Win 7?

http://www.icrtouch....es/?hl=posready

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad  

(The goal of software engineers is to make bigger, better, idiot proof software.The goal of the Universe is to make bigger, better idiots.

As a race, the universe is winning.)

Realise the impotence of proof reading everything you publish :P

Oh, vote rob0 :yes:

http://www.icrtouch....hat-time-again/

#3 Mr Col

Mr Col

Super Guru

• ICRTouch Support
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,613 posts

Is it running Win 7 with only 1gb of RAM ? Also, when it's slow pop up taskmanager and read out the memory usage of TouchPoint ?

In fact; what's the licence number?

#4 IBS

IBS

Super Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts

We had this too you need to enable caching in your config.xml in your current skin folder.  Make it cache enough levels to cover what are in use and it should be grand again.

Hope this helps :)

#5 Nick C

Nick C

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Here is a bit more info...

Posready 7 - 2GB Ram - Posiflex XT-3114 - Rear LCD Screens running from USB stick

License #'s 59440 & 59441

TBH - we've dialled in this morning and they appear fine. We did tell them to restart every day so I'll find out if this is still happening and re-post  :)

HBM EPOS Ltd | w: hbmepos.co.uk

T: 01442 600700 | sales@hbmepos.co.uk

----------------

EPOS for Hospitality & Retail

Covering London, Beds, Bucks & Herts, Essex, Oxfordshire, Berkshire, Northamptonshire & Cambridgeshire

#6 Mr Col

Mr Col

Super Guru

• ICRTouch Support
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,613 posts

For a little while we've had an awesome tool that one day will be opened out to you guys, we're just waiting for the infrastructure to be in place for that.  Which is one of the many jobs of the cloud dept.

Anyway, so, this was 5 o'clock last night: 

[attachment=1559:NickHBM - Health Check 1.png]

You'll notice that the memory usage on 59440 is about 277mb which is well into the territory of 'memory leak'. And 59441 is about 214mb which also seems high.

And by way of comparison, this is about half an hour ago:

[attachment=1560:Nick, HBM Health Check 2.png]

We notice that for 59440, it's now at 141mb, has had a restart since the last memory check and has actually been running for about 17.5hrs since it's last restart :) One would expect that the memory usage will gradually grow throughout the day.

The other till has consumed about 15mb since yesterday and has been restarted for a few days :)

#7 SimonTS

SimonTS

Super Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,223 posts

For a little while we've had an awesome tool that one day will be opened out to you guys, we're just waiting for the infrastructure to be in place for that.  Which is one of the many jobs of the cloud dept.

Anyway, so, this was 5 o'clock last night: 

attachicon.gifNickHBM - Health Check 1.png

You'll notice that the memory usage on 59440 is about 277mb which is well into the territory of 'memory leak'. And 59441 is about 214mb which also seems high.

And by way of comparison, this is about half an hour ago:

attachicon.gifNick, HBM Health Check 2.png

We notice that for 59440, it's now at 141mb, has had a restart since the last memory check and has actually been running for about 17.5hrs since it's last restart :) One would expect that the memory usage will gradually grow throughout the day.

The other till has consumed about 15mb since yesterday and has been restarted for a few days :)

:wub:  That's amazing!!

LBS_ICR_Forum_Logo.png

#8 Mr Col

Mr Col

Super Guru

• ICRTouch Support
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,613 posts

Thought you might like it :D <3

#9 IBS

IBS

Super Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts

That is indeed awesome :D  Is that pushing the info back along with data for the cloud service over the xml socket Col?

Its kinda like top but tailored for Touchpoint :P

When we had the issue with the high memory use on the XT-3015 hardware it dropped to normal levels after a reboot but as soon as you start rattling round the menu levels it made the memory usage creep up again.  Some shops threw us off in that they didnt creep as bad but it was because they werent using as many levels throughtout the day.

#10 lurk

lurk

Super Guru

• ICRTouch Support
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,998 posts

That is indeed awesome :D  Is that pushing the info back along with data for the cloud service over the xml socket Col?

Something like that, it pushes back a bunch of things that are useful for keeping track of what each till is and a bit of usage data. The idea is that when there's a nice front end on it you'll be able to use it to look at all the tills you've supplied and see things like what version they're running and when they were last restarted so you don't have to guess, remember, or believe what your customer has said (there's usually a lot of truth in it of course but it's not unheard of for someone to exaggerate)
'When I use a word,' Humpty Dumpty said, in rather a scornful tone, 'it means just what I choose it to mean neither more nor less.'

#11 rob0411

rob0411

Super Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,402 posts

unheard of for someone to exaggerate

Nobody ever,ever does that, do they?

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad  

(The goal of software engineers is to make bigger, better, idiot proof software.The goal of the Universe is to make bigger, better idiots.

As a race, the universe is winning.)

Realise the impotence of proof reading everything you publish :P

Oh, vote rob0 :yes:

http://www.icrtouch....hat-time-again/

#12 lurk

lurk

Super Guru

• ICRTouch Support
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,998 posts

Nope, never.
'When I use a word,' Humpty Dumpty said, in rather a scornful tone, 'it means just what I choose it to mean neither more nor less.'

#13 Mr Col

Mr Col

Super Guru

• ICRTouch Support
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,613 posts

Something that's quite interesting that I'm just looking at that we added to it not so long ago is the 'Data Usage' section, it currently only has TOW being recorded.  It's a shame the column headings aren't shown so it's not clear what they are.  But the last 2 values are avg daily uploaded bytes and avg daily downloaded bytes, in case of the first till this is 760kb/day and 224kb/day respectively.  

We're quite often asked about the viability of using a 3G dongle for TOW which is why we've started recording this info :)

#14 Mr Col

Mr Col

Super Guru

• ICRTouch Support
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,613 posts

So this is this morning:

[attachment=1563:Nick HBM 3.png]

Since yesterday lunchtime it's gained around 80mb, if it continues at that rate you'd expect them to start seeing a performance hit in around 2 weeks :)

#15 Bobtills

Bobtills

Super Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,640 posts

That is absolutely the dog's danglies!

You clever people!

More power to your collective elbows, I say.  :D

(Except that you make me feel old & inadequate cos I wouldn't have a clue).