#1 Bane

Bane

Super Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,210 posts

Posted 08 July 2015 - 08:16 AM

Hi,

I have a live site with touchpoint and a TOW account. I need to go through and change all product descriptions. Is it as easy as go on TOW, go to products, choose 'head office', type in new descriptions, click save...

Is that it?

Will that update the till automatically? & When? Will it also update the text that is displayed on the keyboard automatically? 

Thanks 

#2 Bane

Bane

Super Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,210 posts

Will ranging all products to have update keyboard text to yes sort that?

#3 rob0411

rob0411

Super Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,418 posts

Yes i imagine it will :P

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad  

(The goal of software engineers is to make bigger, better, idiot proof software.The goal of the Universe is to make bigger, better idiots.

As a race, the universe is winning.)

Realise the impotence of proof reading everything you publish :P

Oh, vote rob0 :yes:

http://www.icrtouch....hat-time-again/

#4 Mr Col

Mr Col

Super Guru

• ICRTouch Support
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,638 posts

The till keyboard should update on it's own without you needing to do anything. Are you just asking, or are you finding that it's not for some reason ?

#5 rob0411

rob0411

Super Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,418 posts

The till keyboard should update on it's own without you needing to do anything

I didn't know that :(   what if you want it to be different though?

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad  

(The goal of software engineers is to make bigger, better, idiot proof software.The goal of the Universe is to make bigger, better idiots.

#6 Bane

Bane

Super Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,210 posts

The till keyboard should update on it's own without you needing to do anything. Are you just asking, or are you finding that it's not for some reason ?

Ive changed a product description about 30 mins ago and its still not updated the till? Its also not updated if i go on TOW to 'keyboard editor'

#7 Bane

Bane

Super Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,210 posts

if i look in keyboard editor on TOW the PLU text is different from the Keyboard text?

#8 Mr Col

Mr Col

Super Guru

• ICRTouch Support
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,638 posts

Ive changed a product description about 30 mins ago and its still not updated the till? Its also not updated if i go on TOW to 'keyboard editor'
I think we could've saved some time if the thread started this way :) :D

---

Has the PLU actually changed on the till? The till itself is responsible for updating the keyboard text as soon as it sees that it's received a PLU with different text 

#9 rob0411

rob0411

Super Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,418 posts

Assuming you won't see that until it redraws the screen?? :unsure:

#10 Mr Col

Mr Col

Super Guru

• ICRTouch Support
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,638 posts

Assuming you won't see that until it redraws the screen?? :unsure:

Yarp. and the Level cache may/may not interfere with that. If he said yes to the product changing on the till then my next question would be "Does it change when you press the button?". 

#11 rob0411

rob0411

Super Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,418 posts

what if you want it to be different though?

And ny previous question?  :P

#12 Mr Col

Mr Col

Super Guru

• ICRTouch Support
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,638 posts

Then you change it :P What happens is when the till see that the PLU text has changed from what it used to be it force flips on that flag :) So if you have a product called "Egg" with the keyboard text "Chicken" then it doesn't matter how many times you send that product to the till as long as the text continues to read "Egg" then it won't change your "Chicken"  :)

#13 rob0411

rob0411

Super Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,418 posts

Riiiiiiiiiiight,  I had to read that 4 times but I see now. :D

#14 Bane

Bane

Super Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,210 posts

So  I think we've worked out that TOW doesn't care about Upper/Lower case changes? 

We're changing some descriptions from all capitals to all lower case, and this doesn't seem to update the keyboard? Will it not recognise the difference between upper and lower case?

#15 Mr Col

Mr Col

Super Guru

• ICRTouch Support
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,638 posts

So  I think we've worked out that TOW doesn't care about Upper/Lower case changes? 

The skin uploader for the keyboard apparently cares ... lol

I'll let the cloud guys know and it'll be added to the list :) In the short term, in your position, I would make all the changes you want and then when you're happy suck the keyboard from the till back into TOW ... job done ... happy bunnies all round :)

#16 Bane

Bane

Super Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,210 posts

The skin uploader for the keyboard apparently cares ... lol

I'll let the cloud guys know and it'll be added to the list :) In the short term, in your position, I would make all the changes you want and then when you're happy suck the keyboard from the till back into TOW ... job done ... happy bunnies all round :)

Do the changes on the till then receive keyboard back to touchpoint?

#17 Bane

Bane

Super Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,210 posts

basically I need to change the description of some products from FOSTERS to Fosters..

TOW won't recognise it if I just change it like that, so I thought i'd trick it and change FOSTERS to x, then change x to Fosters. 

This appeared to work when I checked the till, but then slowly each product has gone back to the original FOSTERS..?  :wacko:

#18 MattB

MattB

Guru

• ICRTouch Support
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 587 posts

To see the changes on the keyboard in TOW you would need to import the keyboard files in again

Try it now! Username: demo Password: demo

#19 Mr Col

Mr Col

Super Guru

• ICRTouch Support
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,638 posts

TOW won't recognise it if I just change it like that, so I thought i'd trick it and change FOSTERS to x, then change x to Fosters. 

Right, sorry, I'm still in "It's not changing the text on the keyboard" mode. I assume you're saying that TOW isn't seeing it as a change at all and not downloading any changes at all to the till at all ?

I know it seems a little more work but you can always "FOSTERS" => "Foster" => "Fosters" which will keep it happy as larry :)

#20 MattB

MattB

Guru

• ICRTouch Support
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 587 posts

To expand on that

Changes made to PLU's get sent down to the tills as program updates . The change you made is also stored in the plu records we hold online.

If you have changed a product name the Till will automagically make a change in It's keyboard file so your keyboard on the till will show the new product name.

Because the TOW keyboard editor is driven from the Keyboard data files you have imported from a till it has no way to know that the PLU name has changed unless you re-import the keyboard files to TOW after making all your PLU changes.

Try it now! Username: demo Password: demo