#1 Bane

Bane

Super Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,205 posts

Posted 08 July 2015 - 08:06 AM

Hi,

Stoopid question but its Friday and its hot and I can't find a BBQ.. 

What do the flags in report control do?:

Sort Cash Dec Amounts? 

Consolidate Cash Dec Amounts?

Its been a while since i used cash dec & can't remember.

Also, was there ever a way on touchpoint to declare how many fivers you have, how many tenners you have etc? Or did i dream that?

Thanks 

#2 Chris.Newte

Chris.Newte

Super Guru

• ICRTouch Support
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,037 posts

Sort cash dec amounts?

This affects cash declarations made using the Cash Dec status key. When multiple Cash Dec status keys are used setting this flag causes them to be printed in Status Key record order, otherwise they are printed in the order that they are entered.

Consolidate cash dec amounts?

This affects cash declarations made using the Cash Dec status key. When multiple cash dec amounts are tendered this flag determines whether monies declared using the same cash dec key are consolidated into 1 or printed as they were entered.

Office: +44 (0)844 693 1119

DDI: +44 (0) 1983 538981

Email: chris.newte@icrtouch.com

#3 Bane

Bane

Super Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,205 posts

Sort cash dec amounts?

This affects cash declarations made using the Cash Dec status key. When multiple Cash Dec status keys are used setting this flag causes them to be printed in Status Key record order, otherwise they are printed in the order that they are entered.

This affects cash declarations made using the Cash Dec status key. When multiple cash dec amounts are tendered this flag determines whether monies declared using the same cash dec key are consolidated into 1 or printed as they were entered.

Ok. So if you wanted to declare how many tenners, how many fivers and so on, you could just have multiple cash dec status keys?

No cat memes? 

#4 Chris.Newte

Chris.Newte

Super Guru

• ICRTouch Support
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,037 posts

You would need to setup Cash Dec 2 keys, but you can't enforce them to push these (compulsory cash dec only works with cash dec 1) and won't be able to an X read if you're using Cash Dec 2 keys. :(

Office: +44 (0)844 693 1119

DDI: +44 (0) 1983 538981

Email: chris.newte@icrtouch.com

#5 rob0411

rob0411

Super Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,402 posts

Sort cash dec amounts?

Ok. So if you wanted to declare how many tenners, how many fivers and so on, you could just have multiple cash dec status keys?

No cat memes?

I think I saw a system that did similar once, it was never ever right and really extended and over complicated the end of day process.
Personally I'm not a fan of cash declare~~~~ it depends on the venue and the trust between the owners and management, if you don't trust the key staff, then get new ones, and if they are 'bent' they'll be clever enough to get round it. Unless they are stupid, then they'll be found out very quickly.

Just saying, :)

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad  

(The goal of software engineers is to make bigger, better, idiot proof software.The goal of the Universe is to make bigger, better idiots.

As a race, the universe is winning.)

Realise the impotence of proof reading everything you publish :P

Oh, vote rob0 :yes:

http://www.icrtouch....hat-time-again/

#6 SimonTS

SimonTS

Super Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,223 posts

CES Touch and its derivatives have this functionality, and customers who originally thought it would be a good idea soon asked for it to be removed again.

LBS_ICR_Forum_Logo.png