#1 Bane

Bane

Super Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,205 posts

Posted 08 July 2015 - 08:04 AM

Hi, 

Going to be installing touchpoint at a site next week which already has a payment sense terminal linked to a different EPOS System. 

Do you have any documentation for the installation process with TouchPoint? 

Would I need to notify/get help from payment sense if I'm changing the EPOS System, but the PDQ machine is remaining the same?

Thanks

#2 pquigley

pquigley

Advanced Member

• ICRTouch Support
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 227 posts

If you contact us when you're onsite we will assist you with the installation, as you will need our interface app.
You shouldn't need to contact Payment sense as the other EPOS system would be using the PSconnect service the same as we do.

What PDQ machine are they using?

aemq02.png

#3 Bane

Bane

Super Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,205 posts

Ok great.

Will I need to do anything/install anything prior to installation?

#4 lurk

lurk

Super Guru

• ICRTouch Support
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,986 posts

You'll want to know what sort of PDQ it is (iCT250 probably) and how it's connected (serial or usb virtual serial port, you want to know which com port it's on). You'll need to know the TID too but that's on the top of receipts and reports.

Pretty much all you need to do though is uninstall PSConnect, install the version we're using, put the appropriate local EFT interface app on and configure it (TID and Com port need to go in the config file and there's a setting for whether the till prints the receipts) then set TouchPoint for Local EFT and probably put "LOCAL EFT End of Day" in your end of day batch report.
We'll go through it all with you over teamviewer though :)
'When I use a word,' Humpty Dumpty said, in rather a scornful tone, 'it means just what I choose it to mean neither more nor less.'

#5 Bane

Bane

Super Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,205 posts

Its an ingenico ICT250..

Its a new terminal we are installing so we haven't got any PSconnect installed at the moment. 

Great, hoping to install early next week so will give you guys a call then.

Thanks