#1 Bane

Bane

Super Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,205 posts

Posted 08 July 2015 - 07:53 AM

HI,

Just wondered if anyone had put two languages on the keyboard buttons on touchpoint? Is there a way to do it?

Or would I have to use images on buttons  :(  :(  :(

Thanks

#2 Darren ICR

Darren ICR

Super Guru

• ICRTouch Support
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,217 posts

Images

logo.png

#3 Bane

Bane

Super Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,205 posts

Dammmmmm. I thought as much. Thanks

#4 Mr Col

Mr Col

Super Guru

• ICRTouch Support
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,613 posts

What about 2 keyboard levels that are the same, with different product texts on the keyboard and a main level {default level by clerk??} that goes to whichever language they want. Because I very much doubt that there is any person that needs to see both texts at the same time :)

#5 Bane

Bane

Super Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,205 posts

What about 2 keyboard levels that are the same, with different product texts on the keyboard and a main level {default level by clerk??} that goes to whichever language they want. Because I very much doubt that there is any person that needs to see both texts at the same time :)

Not a bad idea actually..

Would TouchPoint support having chinese text on the buttons or would we still need to use images?

#6 Darren ICR

Darren ICR

Super Guru

• ICRTouch Support
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,217 posts

Images

logo.png

#7 Mr Col

Mr Col

Super Guru

• ICRTouch Support
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,613 posts

Would TouchPoint support having chinese text on the buttons or would we still need to use images?
Haha, no sorry :D I wasn't being intentionally misleading, I probably should've made an inference from your other post. 

#8 Darren ICR

Darren ICR

Super Guru

• ICRTouch Support
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,217 posts

That's why i said images :P

logo.png

#9 Mr Col

Mr Col

Super Guru

• ICRTouch Support
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,613 posts

It's probably not going to be as much work as you might think though. One might assume 100 odd products? I think if you put them in a spreadsheet and then chopped them up from there, or maybe even got someone to knock up a quick bit of software that spits the lot out as .jpg's that's doable?

#10 Bane

Bane

Super Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,205 posts

:D

Images it is.. maybe lol

Ok how about this.. is there anyway of adding images to buttons from TOW? Easily? 

#11 Mr Col

Mr Col

Super Guru

• ICRTouch Support
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,613 posts

... or maybe even got someone to knock up a quick bit of software that spits the lot out as .jpg's that's doable?

I wouldn't normally volunteer us for work for something random, for some random customer. However, I'd be quite interested to see if you can get this to work :)

So;

If you can create 5 products like this by hand, so that the customer can see it and that you and he are happy that it's going to actually work.  If you can also give us a spreadsheet or document or whatever with your Chinese in then we'll knock up a bit of software that then converts those all into unique images that can be allocated to the keyboard.  And then we'll come up with some plan of how to actually get them on the keyboard by batch too.

:)

#12 Bane

Bane

Super Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,205 posts

... or maybe even got someone to knock up a quick bit of software that spits the lot out as .jpg's that's doable?

I wouldn't normally volunteer us for work for something random, for some random customer. However, I'd be quite interested to see if you can get this to work :)

So;

If you can create 5 products like this by hand, so that the customer can see it and that you and he are happy that it's going to actually work.  If you can also give us a spreadsheet or document or whatever with your Chinese in then we'll knock up a bit of software that then converts those all into unique images that can be allocated to the keyboard.  And then we'll come up with some plan of how to actually get them on the keyboard by batch too.

:)

This customer has potential to be a very big deal. Can't say much more at the moment.

What do you need from me to see if this is feasible? 

The main thing is, it would need to be easy to update and maintain themselves. Is TOW capable of editing images buttons?

#13 Mr Col

Mr Col

Super Guru

• ICRTouch Support
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,613 posts

What do you need from me to see if this is feasible? 
Making it happen by magic is feasible , however it would represent some work and commitment from us, which we don't really want to do until we know you can get it :) which you can do without having to do all of it

#14 MattB

MattB

Guru

• ICRTouch Support
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 586 posts

Is TOW capable of editing images buttons?

It will allow you to assign images to buttons but they must be in the skin file that gets uploaded. we could possibly create an online tool to create the button images from the text and maybe even have it upload them to the correct directory on the server but as Mr Col pointed out it would have to something that was definatly gonna be used

Try it now! Username: demo Password: demo

#15 Bobtills

Bobtills

Super Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,640 posts

Went to a Chinese restaurant a couple of weeks ago & saw their touch till.

It had English & also Chinese script on the buttons - each product was described in both languages - seemed very neat & useable to me.

I asked the waitress, but they didn't have kitchen printing so she didn't know what happened there.

Only thing was, the buttons had to be quite large so there weren't very many of them so there were a lot of screens.

All the sales went through the little cheapie till they'd bought in the wholesalers, though. Bless 'em. <3

#16 Mr Col

Mr Col

Super Guru

• ICRTouch Support
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,613 posts

Right, well taking a step back a little and going back to what I said about us writing some software that'll spit the images out. This could be done :)

Clearly we'd need to be supplied with a spreadsheet or document with them both in