14 replies to this topic

#1 Bobtills

Bobtills

Super Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,645 posts

Posted 08 July 2015 - 07:52 AM

Customer's just rang up saying that TOW doesn't display properly on his i-phone - only part of the image shows

One of the lads in the office has said 'Yes, that's how it is on some i-phones', which didn't help much

As he's only just binned TMS and had TOW & 3 new terminals so that he can see it on his i-phone, he's not too impressed.

Can someone elaborate a bit please?

So it seems like I know what I'm talking about when I ring him back?

#2 ccmlee

ccmlee

Super Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,389 posts

might be worth using m.touchoffice.net ? depending on the phone (i think), the main web version can look a bit wonky

15dmhja.jpg

Lee Howard www.ccmepos.com

10of8u8.jpg5x7jat.jpg2u60dw6.jpgsdcplc.jpg

#3 MattB

MattB

Guru

• ICRTouch Support
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 587 posts

I'm gonna take a guess and say he is using one of the new Iphone 6 variants .. We need to look at the breakpoints we have setup to adjust them for the changes apple made to the displays on these devices.

Hopefully should be sorted sometime in the next month.

In the meantime I would suggest you point him to m.touchoffice.net which will at least allow him to access some of the dashboard reporting in a mobile friendly way.

Try it now! Username: demo Password: demo

#4 Bobtills

Bobtills

Super Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,645 posts

Just found out it's an i-phone 5

#5 Antony

Antony

Super Guru

• ICRTouch Support
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,603 posts

Try it with the Chef Specials turned off in user settings.

Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement
-Will Rogers

"And there is nothing so annoying, nothing so inconvenient
as an insignificance that demands attention."

#6 Mr Col

Mr Col

Super Guru

• ICRTouch Support
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,638 posts

Is he using the m. version Bob? or the main site?

#7 Bobtills

Bobtills

Super Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,645 posts

Don't know. One of the geeks is sorting it. Think he dialled in & did something but I haven't spoken to him since.

Customer's calmed down a bit now.

He also had a problem with TOW filing stuff in the previous day & we traced that to the time zone setting in Windows - set to USA! Don't see how that trashed it but it was Ok after we put it right.

#8 Clive

Clive

Guru

• ICRTouch Support
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 810 posts

Could they take a screenshot of which bits don't look right? Some of the new stock pages will not be optimised for mobile yet, but most of the others should be 99% viewable. There is an issue with the widgets on the home page, if the specials manager is enabled (which uses a 2 column width) it can be wider than the screen and cause the other widgets to show off the edge.

He also had a problem with TOW filing stuff in the previous day & we traced that to the time zone setting in Windows - set to USA! Don't see how that trashed it but it was Ok after we put it right.

The IDC sales date and time are taken from the till as that is where the sale was done.

med_gallery_2995_7_9814.png

#9 Bobtills

Bobtills

Super Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,645 posts

The IDC sales date and time are taken from the till as that is where the sale was done.

The date & time on the till was right, but the time zone was somewhere in the USA, or the settings said 'USA' but I still don't understand why it wasn't working but setting it to Uk sorted that bit..

The guy dealing with it has been told about the Chef's specials so I guess by now that's been done & the customer's not been on the phone again so maybe it was that. I'll let you know later for sure.

#10 Mr Col

Mr Col

Super Guru

• ICRTouch Support
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,638 posts

Which is the problem, however the sympton of this is:

The Windows will have asked the internet to update the time, which will have then set the tills system date/time to American time, which is 6 hours behind our time.

Which will then have resulted in all the times/date on his receipts and everything being 6 hours behind .... and Touchoffice Web sales also, some of which will have been filed in the previous day :)

#11 Mr Col

Mr Col

Super Guru

• ICRTouch Support
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,638 posts

The date & time on the till was right, but the time zone was somewhere in the USA, or the settings said 'USA' but I still don't understand why it wasn't working but setting it to Uk sorted that bit..

Ok, which is why you don't understand. I think you've been fed some misinformation somewhere there. If you have a till in the wrong time zone, connected to the internet the time will end up being periodically set 'wrong' automatically by Windows, because it thinks it's in America and will set itself as such :)

#12 Bobtills

Bobtills

Super Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,645 posts

automatically by Windows

My favourite OS.

Thinking it knows more about our install than we do again. There's a surprise.

Yeah, misinformation. First thing I asked the customer was 'Is the time & date right in the till?' and the answer was, of course, 'Yes'.

#13 Mr Col

Mr Col

Super Guru

• ICRTouch Support
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,638 posts

Yeah, misinformation. First thing I asked the customer was 'Is the time & date right in the till?' and the answer was, of course, 'Yes'.
It probably was at the time .... after they'd noticed it was wrong and changed it :blink:

:) 

#14 lurk

lurk

Super Guru

• ICRTouch Support
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,011 posts

You don't see how the clock being 8 hours out is a problem?
'When I use a word,' Humpty Dumpty said, in rather a scornful tone, 'it means just what I choose it to mean neither more nor less.'

#15 Mr Col

Mr Col

Super Guru

• ICRTouch Support
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,638 posts

I think the customer told him it wasn't :D