#1 Bane

Bane

Super Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,205 posts

Posted 08 July 2015 - 07:36 AM

Hi Guys,

Further to my conversations with Darren today (thanks very much for the help) regarding the 2nd Sagepay machine install.

My customer has spoken to their bank (HSBC) and they then 'apparently' spoke to SagePay, who then apparently came back to my customer and told them the reason the transactions are being declined are due to ICRTouch..

Any ideas where we can go from here?

Thanks

#2 lurk

lurk

Super Guru

• ICRTouch Support
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,986 posts

Not knowing what has been said, looked at so far...

a card transaction can be declined by:

the card
the pinpad
the software talking to the pinpad
the server that software is talking to
the bank

I'd have a look at integralcreditcard.log (this logs what's going on between the eft interface app and/sagepay) and then prclient.log(sagepay's log of what it's doing), between them they'll probably tell you what's wrong if it's a configuration issue in TouchPoint, the interface app or sagepay.

Someone's install we were looking at the other day that was refusing all transactions was because the timezone was wrong
'When I use a word,' Humpty Dumpty said, in rather a scornful tone, 'it means just what I choose it to mean neither more nor less.'

#3 Mr Col

Mr Col

Super Guru

• ICRTouch Support
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,606 posts

... they then 'apparently' spoke to SagePay, who then apparently came back to my customer and told them the reason the transactions are being declined are due to ICRTouch...

Haha lol

Though I'd never rule anything out, I suspect in this case someone is telling porkies. We send down a sale value and ask it to process a card transaction :)

That said, we do act as first line support for you guys with SagePay so if you can't make any sense of the log files Steve has suggested, if you pop them up here or email them to support then someone should be able to help you :)

#4 Bane

Bane

Super Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,205 posts

In this case I don't think its the customer whos lying. He's a friend of mine and doesn't really know who you guys are, but he was told by HSBC (after being fobbed around several times) that he needs to speak to a company called ICR to get it sorted. I know it's not you guys of course.

Darren did dial in earlier and took the logs and emailed sagepay, who said its a HSBC problem, and were awaiting a response.

It's no problem now guys will wait till Monday to get sorted.

#5 lurk

lurk

Super Guru

• ICRTouch Support
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,986 posts

I much prefer things that are our fault, they're a lot easier to fix
'When I use a word,' Humpty Dumpty said, in rather a scornful tone, 'it means just what I choose it to mean neither more nor less.'

#6 Chris.Newte

Chris.Newte

Super Guru

• ICRTouch Support
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,033 posts

Just to add to this, we've not had a reply yet so will chase up, but the last status on Friday evening was that SagePay had passed on the details to HSBC and were awaiting a reply as to why the cards were being declined (HSBC being the part of the chain that was declining the transaction for whatever reason). 

It is possible that SagePay had suggested your customer goes through ICRTouch for support because there is a strict process for SagePay products linked with TouchPoint, and regardless of who's at fault the support and maintenance is directed through the chain via us upwards, so the investigation of the fault can go to the correct party. Otherwise you may end up ringing round the houses getting nowhere ! :)

We'll give SagePay a nudge and let you know as soon as we know what the issue is and how to resolve it.

Office: +44 (0)844 693 1119

DDI: +44 (0) 1983 538981

Email: chris.newte@icrtouch.com

#7 Bane

Bane

Super Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,205 posts

Great, thanks. Not sure why HSBC are taking so long to respond and why they fobbed my customer off telling them to ring someone else. 

We've had the card machine for a couple of weeks now so it should have been set up and authorised by now. Oh well, guess the big banks don't care about us mere mortals. 

Please let me know if you hear anything customer is desperate. Thanks!

#8 Darren ICR

Darren ICR

Super Guru

• ICRTouch Support
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,215 posts

I have had a response this morning from Sagepay asking if you can try a transaction now.

Do you know who your customer spoke to at Sagepay or what number they called.

logo.png

#9 Bane

Bane

Super Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,205 posts

Hi Darren,

Nope still exactly the same, all transactions being declined. 

Will try find out who they spoke to & what number they called.

Thanks

#10 Mr Col

Mr Col

Super Guru

• ICRTouch Support
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,606 posts

:(

#11 Bane

Bane

Super Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,205 posts

Hi Guys,

Have you had any feedback on this yet?

Thanks

#12 Darren ICR

Darren ICR

Super Guru

• ICRTouch Support
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,215 posts

Hi Bane

I have just received this from Sagepay

"Can you check this with merchant again? If it’s still not working it should be in the next few hours. I've had confirmation that it’s been setup"

logo.png

#13 Bane

Bane

Super Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,205 posts

Ok will get them to try it again!

Thanks!

#14 Bane

Bane

Super Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,205 posts

just heard back from the customer, said it seems to be working  :)

Thanks for the help again!