#1 Dan BRL

Dan BRL

Super Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,041 posts

Posted 08 July 2015 - 07:34 AM

Hi Guys

Wasn't sure the best place to put this because I'm after some advice but I've also started trying it with Etal...

Customer has a slightly strange setup so I've been trying to work out the best way of doing this. You'll have to bear with me on this

• The customer doesn't have any PLU's in their database whatsoever. They operate an antiques shop where by the traders have some floor space and bring the items in they wish to sell. There's different one off items coming and going daily so maintaining a database of every single product would just be futile.
  • Each item has a tag on it with the price, stand number (each trader has a unique stand number) and sometimes a reference number for that item. Some traders have reference numbers, some don't bother.
  • When putting items through the till they select the trader "A1" and then put in a brief text description and the price which adds it to the sale - simple right?

The receipt needs to display the item name, price and the trader that it was bought from. I thought of using customers for this so each trader is setup as a customer. Only thing is what happens if someone buys something from 2 different traders?

Same with if each trader was a check/table - you won't be able to put a transaction through with items from 2 different traders.

this is where i've started scripting...

• I thought of using PLU's labelled with the stand numbers "A1", "A2", etc. which prompts a text box for the item description, number box for price and text box for reference number.
  • This updates the PLU temporarily so that the item in the reg window reflects the data put in - then it goes back to the preset "A1"
  • This works perfectly, you can clearly see on the receipt which item was from which trader (in case of returns/refunds).
  • At this point it was also going to update a table that will output to a CSV file giving the customer a file to check all the items that have been sold in case of any issues. Only problem with this is that you only really want it to be written to the file after finalisation

I could see the script getting really complicated which is why i though I'd see if anyone else had some ideas.

Another problem is that when they come to pay the traders at the end of the month they need to run a report which gets sent to the traders with all the items on that they sold - minus 10% commission

please help lol

#2 SimonTS

SimonTS

Super Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,223 posts

While the rest of the post appears...

We have a customer doing exactly the same thing - it was actually my first involvement with ICR, although I didn't set it up.  They allocate the floor space (rooms) as PLU Groups, and have anywhere from 1 to 20 PLUs per Group, dependin g on how much detail that vendor wants for their sales.  When the customer comes up to the main desk to pay, it's logged to the relevant PLU (thus PLU Group) with an open price so at the end of the day they can run a batch report and see how much each individual seller is responsible for.  They then take their percentage off that for the floor rental.

Not sure about keeping a record of the individual items if they need a record of exactly what each trader has sold though.

LBS_ICR_Forum_Logo.png

#3 Mr Col

Mr Col

Super Guru

• ICRTouch Support
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,613 posts

While the rest of the post appears...

We did some scripting work for Gift Aid, it basically knows who brought an item in when it's sold so that it's recorded on the gift aid paperwork. This kind of sounds like a similar scenario ... Steve ... ?

#4 lurk

lurk

Super Guru

• ICRTouch Support
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,998 posts

GiftaidNotGiftaid I believe Darren calls it.

Someone somewhere is using it like that, I think we made a few tweaks to it to allow them to get the information they want and not do reporting for HMRC.
I'll prod people who actually know :)
'When I use a word,' Humpty Dumpty said, in rather a scornful tone, 'it means just what I choose it to mean neither more nor less.'

#5 Dan BRL

Dan BRL

Super Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,041 posts

Hi Guys

Is there any news on this at all?

Need to go back next week to do a demo  :)

#6 Darren ICR

Darren ICR

Super Guru

• ICRTouch Support
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,217 posts

Hi Dan

We will set you up an account and email over all the required scripts :)

logo.png

#7 Dan BRL

Dan BRL

Super Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,041 posts

Thanks Darren  :)