#1 SimonTS

SimonTS

Super Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 08 July 2015 - 07:33 AM

Hi all,

Got an odd one.  The customer's sales aren't appearing in the 'Reg' window.  It was working before, but now it has suddenly stopped.  This is on newly entered sales or on opening existing tables.

Any ideas?  I'm sure that simply restarting TP will sort it, but I'd rather be able to fix it as this has happened to the same customer before.

LBS_ICR_Forum_Logo.png

#2 rob0411

rob0411

Super Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,418 posts

Font's gone missing?

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad  

(The goal of software engineers is to make bigger, better, idiot proof software.The goal of the Universe is to make bigger, better idiots.

As a race, the universe is winning.)

Realise the impotence of proof reading everything you publish :P

Oh, vote rob0 :yes:

http://www.icrtouch....hat-time-again/

#3 SimonTS

SimonTS

Super Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,235 posts

Nothing's changed on the system at all.  Last time a reboot fixed it. I'll have a look to try and work out which font is set to be used though.

LBS_ICR_Forum_Logo.png

#4 rob0411

rob0411

Super Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,418 posts

Regwindow.xml, should look a bit like this:

<WINDOW id="WDW:REG" name="Reg window" left="766" top="98" width="255" height="350">
    <BACKGROUND image="regwindow_bg.bmp"/>
    <TEXT left="10" top="9" width="240" height="335" highlightbackcolour="FFFFFF">
        <FONT face="Arial" size="18" align="left" valign="top" colour="FFFFFF" highlightcolour="FF"/>
    </TEXT>
    <!-- The EXTINFO box overlays the reg window passing across extra info such as customer loyalty message, weight information -->
    <!-- Height is omited intentionally as the dialog swells based on how many lines are being displayed -->
    <EXTINFO left="8" top="10" width="240" bordercolour="FF0000" borderwidth="5">                
        <TEXT left="8" top="10" width="226" height="100" highlightbackcolour="FFFFFF">
            <FONT face="Arial" size="18" align="left" valign="top" colour="FFFFFF" highlightcolour="FF"/>
        </TEXT>
    </EXTINFO>
</WINDOW>

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad  

(The goal of software engineers is to make bigger, better, idiot proof software.The goal of the Universe is to make bigger, better idiots.

#5 SimonTS

SimonTS

Super Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,235 posts

Near enough identical - and set to Arial 18 as well.  Complete with the mis-spelling of omited..

I've change the line;-

<FONT face="Arial" size="18" align="left" valign="top" colour="FFFFFF" highlightcolour="000000"/>

to

j

ust to be sure

<WINDOW id="WDW:REG" name="Reg window" left="766" top="100" width="255" height="348">
<BACKGROUND image="regwindow_bg.bmp" TransparentColour="00FF00FF"/>
<TEXT left="10" top="7" width="240" height="335" highlightbackcolour="d1d1d1">
<FONT face="Arial" size="18" align="left" valign="top" colour="FFFFFF" highlightcolour="000000"/>
</TEXT>
<!-- The EXTINFO box overlays the reg window passing across extra info such as customer loyalty message, weight information -->
<!-- Height is omited intentionally as the dialog swells based on how many lines are being displayed -->
<EXTINFO left="8" top="8" width="240" bordercolour="FF0000" borderwidth="5">
<TEXT left="8" top="8" width="226" height="100" highlightbackcolour="FFFFFF">
</TEXT>
</EXTINFO>
</WINDOW>

LBS_ICR_Forum_Logo.png

#6 rob0411

rob0411

Super Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,418 posts

http://www.icrtouch....hl=+reg +window

:)

#7 SimonTS

SimonTS

Super Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,235 posts

Changed that one part of the regwindows.xml file and restarted, it's working now but I'll keep an eye on it

Latest version of TP (v2.64.1), running on an Aures Yuno with Windows 7 Pro

LBS_ICR_Forum_Logo.png

#8 Mr Col

Mr Col

Super Guru

• ICRTouch Support
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,638 posts

It'll either be

1. You've altered your skin and something isn't quite right, resulting in a resource leak
2. You've got one of those new Intel chipsets that seem to memory leak on the graphics

I'm pretty sure there are changes built into v2.64.1 that prevent the leak anyway.

Also I believe running Win 7 and only 1gb of RAM can cause problems along those lines to

#9 SimonTS

SimonTS

Super Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,235 posts

Got 4Gig of RAM, and a custom skin.

Any way to track down what, in the skin, might be causing this?

LBS_ICR_Forum_Logo.png

#10 Mr Col

Mr Col

Super Guru

• ICRTouch Support
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,638 posts

Not easily, start with the things that are changed :) Typically we've seen them like that when the pixel numbers for stuff are 1 pixel too many, like an image that's hanging off the screen by a pixel or specifying the width of a source image 1 pixel more than it actually is.

How long does it take till it happens do you think? I will talk to the guys downstairs and rule out that it's also not the annoying Intel GFX problem.

#11 craigavon623

craigavon623

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 418 posts

I've had the same problem on the aures stuff. Although it only happens when the till isn't shut down properly from what i can see. Every time i do a restart it works perfectly.

#12 SimonTS

SimonTS

Super Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,235 posts

Not easily, start with the things that are changed :) Typically we've seen them like that when the pixel numbers for stuff are 1 pixel too many, like an image that's hanging off the screen by a pixel or specifying the width of a source image 1 pixel more than it actually is.

How long does it take till it happens do you think? I will talk to the guys downstairs and rule out that it's also not the annoying Intel GFX problem.

I didn't change any of the pixel settings from the default version. Just changed colour and button fonts.

I have the last call two days ago, but this is a quiet site, so can't be sure how long. I've asked them to call me as soon as it goes again.

LBS_ICR_Forum_Logo.png

#13 Mr Col

Mr Col

Super Guru

• ICRTouch Support
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,638 posts

Do you have an identical machine in your office you could copy it to? You can then run the automatic sales script and leave it to it's own devices.  If you can get to that stage then it should be easy peasy to sort out one way or the other, even if you end up sending it to us :)

#14 SimonTS

SimonTS

Super Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,235 posts

I wish. Don't even have another Aures to test. I'll try to get it on a different platform and see if I still get issues.

LBS_ICR_Forum_Logo.png

#15 Mr Col

Mr Col

Super Guru

• ICRTouch Support
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,638 posts

I wish. Don't even have another Aures to test. I'll try to get it on a different platform and see if I still get issues.

Hopefully the problem lies within the ICRTouch folder, so moving it to something else should carry the problem across also :)